Monday, February 8, 2010

Look out Arnold!





As many of you know, I have a P90-X workout group I run every morning. You may have seen our amazing dance moves if you attended the last workshop. One big thing I have found that is helpful with teens and body-image issues is having a sense of humor! As you may be able to tell form the photos, we are doing some hard, serious work and at the same time everyone is having fun! Too often, kids feel uncomfortable with their bodies and are not able to 'keep up' with the current expectations. That is why I have created a safe, fun environment where we can talk openly and honestly about health and body issues without having shame, guilt or competition enter the picture. I know the main reason you check the blog out is to see the photos and goings-on, I just want to make sure you also have the opportunity to see the therapeutic value to some of the work we do that is not 'therapeutic' at first glance.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had that much spunk so early in the morning...has G-man been offered an opportunity to enjoy this early morning reverie?? Then maybe he wouldn't yawn so much in the morning ;-)

    Keep up the good work!!

    cac

    ReplyDelete