Thursday, May 27, 2010

Llama Enclosure Done!












We finally finished the new llama enclosure! It was so amazing that a wandering horse stopped in and decided to stay. The girls (especially the three in the photo, thanks girls!)now walk the llamas every day, handle them and hang out with them. I would be remiss not to mention the shoveling of the feces. The girls have told me that it is a real joy. I had a vision of a llama-program at Cedar Ridge where kids walked llamas around campus, interacted and learned with the friendly quadrapeds. It warmed my heart to see all the 'llama group' time spent finally reaping the rewards! The kids from the group (last year) are teaching other students how to handle and care for the llamas. So cool. I just found some shears in the Aspen home... stay tuned for llama-shearing action.
-Josh

2 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed the photos today. I know the one who is in the boat on the lake because I talked with him this morning. With the snow melted the school grounds look so nice. Thanks Josh for the photos and send us another of baby May soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh...you're too funny...were you ever a farm boy? They call those little piles "manure" not "feces."

    ReplyDelete