Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Road Cleanup

This past Friday, as our club activity for the day we had a whole campus activity. We cleaned up the road from Cedar Ridge the first intersection on 4000 W. This project was really beneficial to the entire neighborhood, and also staff who work at 'The Ridge.' People driving to or from work don't have to deal with their route looking like such a garbage dump. Unfortunately, I understand that the road will probably not stay junk free for very long, but I am still glad I could conduct this service, because every little bit counts. I hope that in the future others will do the same to help keep our environment healthy. I had the opportunity to lead this activity for my final Civic, Service, and Leadership class credit. I have to say that this was probably one of the easiest of my leadership service projects. It was simple, fun, and relaxing. We got to go on a walk in the sunshine, goof off, and be productive at the same time.

--Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment